Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Testing, Testing . . . . . . . .

First "Test" for my Cutlass Navy Marines, need to tone down the black lining somewhat LoL - looks good at a distance though!

The other four (including the Sergeant) are being blocked in at the moment - Whilst carrying on with Davy Red and Leathery Joe.


As you can see Davy's Clothes and weapons are looking suitably dank and weathered. Still not sure how to paint Barnacles though.

 Leathery Joe is past the inky/shadey/washy stage now, and is getting detailing (Stripey Trousers!)

Painting is still a little shakey to be quite honest, my hands are still kinda painful - but I'm enjoying what I am painting atm! Which is the most important thing for me!

7 comments:

superherofigurehunter said...

Those Cutlass pirates are shaping up nicely, but when will we see more Pulp City minis?

Frontline Gamer said...

Hey Doc how are your Pirates coming along mate? I was really looking forward to seeing how these looked finished as they were coming along quite nicely matey. Your adoring public demand an update Sir!!!

Doctor Warlock said...

@ superherofigurehunter - ACTUALLY yes, painting up my "not" Dr Who Miniatures and AE-WWII stuff has inspired me to return to my pile of unpainted Pulp City miniatures (Im really REALLY behind on the new stuff too) - so expect something soonish.

Doctor Warlock said...

@ Frontline Gamer - I had "hand issues" and more Family crap to deal with, and have JUST started painting again!

Frontline Gamer said...

Glad to hear you're back at the painting desk. Not so glad to hear you "hand issues" and more family crap to deal with. Hope its all sorted now and isn't going to get in the way of your hobby time!!! ;)

Doctor Warlock said...

Dads health mostly, it eats away at all my spare time.

Frontline Gamer said...

Sad to hear it Drew. I'm currently worrying about my Grandads health. He was in hospital today for an exploratory operation. Hopefully its not too serious.