Thursday, 8 December 2011

Planet of the Apes Astronaut

Here is my first attempt at a Planet of the Apes ANSA Astronaut - I used a Crooked Dice Data-pad Astronaut, gave him Crooked Dice Darius' pistol - I greenstuffed the hand a little to make it more bulky like a glove - I know what "purists" are going to say, why is he carrying a gun - my response is wtf were the ANSA thinking sending unarmed men to an Alien Planet, give them firearms FFS you don't know what the Animal Life is like where you are going!

UNLESS of course the weapons were in the packs that the primitive humans looted and trashed - we will never know.

It's the
Crooked Dice Hairy Tweedy head (I shall use the Crooked Dice bearded Minion head for the other), and I filed down the squared off cuffs, and the crest off the helmet so it looks a little more different to the regular suits.

I magnetized both the head and the helmet, for variety during play - and magnetized the hand for further variety (so he can seemingly carry the helmet).




4 comments:

Sir Timothy Of Kent said...

Awesome! I shall leave the Planet Of The Apes' puns to others and simply say I'd like to get my stinking paws on that! Great job.

Frontline Gamer said...

Those damn dirty Apes!!!

Pretty cool looking 'homage' miniature. I like this stuff if for no other reason than the nostalgia hit they give me. :)

Doctor Warlock said...

@Jody - Nostalgia RULES!

@Sir Timothy Of Kent - working on "Not Landon" atm, and painting the first Gorilla Soldier conversion.

superherofigurehunter said...

Great stuff - looking forwards to seeing more. :)