Monday, 5 March 2012

Warpath Forge Fathers

I am loving the Forge Fathers from Mantic for Warpath, as a HUGE Squat Fan - they are like a breath of fresh air for me.

I wanted to like the Olley Armies Scrunts, but they (no offense to Bob Olley) aren't quite right - the same goes for the Hasslefree Grymn - GORGEOUS Sculpts, but they weren't what I wanted personally.

When the Kings of War Dwarfs came out - I had the intention of buying a load and converting them. UNTIL I saw such conversions would be near impossible because of the way the models were conceived and posed.

So when the Warpath Forge Fathers were announced, as you can imagine I was over the moon!

I could happily do a 2000 Point Army for Warpath, just out of what I have already (actually more than that LoL) - so I'm "good to go" to a certain extent.

Next I want some BFG's for my Steel Warriors - the problem is I'm not keen on using the Drakkarim Team Heavy/Special Weapons as part of a Steel Warrior Unit. They have a distinct look/feel to them that (in my humble opinion) doesn't fit with/match the Steel Warriors. The arms on the Drakkarim Team members don't join the bodies in the same way as the Steel Warriors either, so just using the arms isn't an option either.

So, it's time to raid my Bits-Box and see what I can come up with.

HOWEVER thats not the main reason for the post, all this Sci Fi "tatting" has turned my thoughts back to my favourite Sci-Fi Wargame of all time "VOR-THE MAELSTROM" - it's only a matter of time before the Forge Fathers get a VOR Army List!

7 comments:

Brummie said...

Look forward to seeing the appearance of your Squats. They seem to be getting a lot of love lately on various blogs

Doctor Warlock said...

Yea, it's about time too!

Just ordered some "bits" from the US - I can do all my FF with helmets now!

PMMDJ said...

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Vor.

Doctor Warlock said...

I still think VOR kicks ass, even with its flaws. A simple bit of math sorts out the "bugs" in the Force Creator. Other than that, I think the rules work great personally!

Chris said...

Nice - I look forward to seeing some stunties from you soon then! I always wanted to play VOR - loved the background and the miniatures and heard the game was great. I have the rulebook and Neo-Sov sourcebook. One day...

Doctor Warlock said...

You never got to play! Thats Gutting!

Doctor Warlock said...

You never got to play! Thats Gutting!