Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Alan Moore is Losing It (in my opinion)

Alan Moore is Losing It (in my opinion) - in his interview on the BBC recently, he looks like a crazed madman and bubbles with resentment.

Alan Moore BBC Interview

I have to say, even though I think the man is amazing - I really think he's starting to lose it.

Watchmen has always stayed in print because its always (and will always sell) - no publisher is going to turn away money. Every print run of Watchmen has sold out - I'm not trying to defend DC and the "contract", but I am pretty sure if Watchmen wasn't making money for them the original story wouldn't keep being reprinted, and there would be no "before watchmen" Comics coming.

Legs Diamond and Meyer Lansky set up a publishing house to launder money - as time went by the publishing house made more money than their illegal activities - they weren't the first to do this and I am sure they won't be the last. The fact they published comic-books is neither here nor there.

Incidentally, "The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck" was the first comic book published in the United States in 1842 - comic books and penny dreadfuls grew in popularity from this start, WAY before the bootleggers of the 1920's used such activities as a front.

His comments about people making criticisms in ignorance odd considering his distortion of various facts - is odd to say the least.

Watching and listening to him in this interview makes me feel kinda sad - "How the Mighty have Fallen" as it were . . . . .

Such a shame really.

No comments: